-   -   Split number with decimal places into 2 columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/141335-split-number-decimal-places-into-2-columns.html)

meridklt

Split number with decimal places into 2 columns

I need a formular (if it can be done) to extract a number with decimal places
onto 2 columns.

Example:
Column A has the number and I want the whole number in B and the decimal in C
A B C
123.456 123 .456

Bernard Liengme

Split number with decimal places into 2 columns

In B1; =INT(A1)
and in C1: =A1-B1 or =MOD(A1,1)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"meridklt" wrote in message
I need a formular (if it can be done) to extract a number with decimal
places
onto 2 columns.

Example:
Column A has the number and I want the whole number in B and the decimal
in C
A B C
123.456 123 .456

JE McGimpsey

Split number with decimal places into 2 columns

One way:

B1: =INT(A1)
C1: =MOD(A1,1)

In article ,
meridklt wrote:

I need a formular (if it can be done) to extract a number with decimal places
onto 2 columns.

Example:
Column A has the number and I want the whole number in B and the decimal in C
A B C
123.456 123 .456

meridklt

Split number with decimal places into 2 columns

Thank you both for your help.