-   -   Sorting rows of repetitive data (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/141003-sorting-rows-repetitive-data.html)

S R Burns

Sorting rows of repetitive data

I have 12 months annual line item spend data and within that the same part
number repeats several times. How do I produce a consolidated report with
repetitive line items rolled up to one line item entry? So the total number
of part number 1234 showing as one line item instead of six, the total of
part number 5678 as a second line item, etc. I can create sub totals but I
cannot find a way to consolidate to just one row for the total of each part
number.

Bob Flanagan

Sorting rows of repetitive data

Have you tried using pivot table? Sounds like a good fit. Check
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm for how to info.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com