-   -   columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/140788-columns.html)

Melisa

columns

How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying
to make a guest list and need to change the column names.

Please help me

JE McGimpsey

columns

That ability does not exist in XL.

In article ,
Melisa wrote:

How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying
to make a guest list and need to change the column names.

Please help me

Gord Dibben

columns

A workaround since you cannot change the letters as JE points out.

Use row 1 for your titles then select A2 and WindowFreeze Panes so row 1 is
always in view.

ToolsOptionsView. Uncheck Row and Column Headers if you don't want to see
them.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:16:01 -0700, Melisa
wrote:

How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying
to make a guest list and need to change the column names.

Please help me

Elkar

columns

Place your Column Names in Row 1, then start your data in Row 2. The (A, B,
C...) names cannot be customized.

HTH,
Elkar