-   -   Switching from Quattro Pro (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/13998-switching-quattro-pro.html)

Michael Gula

Switching from Quattro Pro

Cells in Quattro Pro containing a formula display a mark in the lower
left-hand corner. Holding the cursor over that mark causes a pop-up to
reveal the formula. (They are called formula markers.)

I thought Excel had a similar feature but, if it does, I haven't found
the way to turn it on.

Does it?

Nick B

The only thing I know is if you hit Ctrl+~ or (Tools-Options, View tab,
click Formulas, OK) it will display all of the formulas. You can also click
on a cell and it will have the formula in the Formula bar at the top of the
screen (sorry never seen Quattro Pro).

"Michael Gula" wrote:

Cells in Quattro Pro containing a formula display a mark in the lower
left-hand corner. Holding the cursor over that mark causes a pop-up to
reveal the formula. (They are called formula markers.)

I thought Excel had a similar feature but, if it does, I haven't found
the way to turn it on.

Does it?

Nick B

Oh, Excel also has comments which sound like what you are describing, except
they do not have anything to do with formulas (Insert-Comment).