-   -   data validation works in one sheet but not another (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/139320-data-validation-works-one-sheet-but-not-another.html)

Patrick Riley

data validation works in one sheet but not another

I defined a pulldown data-validation menu in Sheet3.
I put a reference to it in Sheet1, and it worked OK. I put a reference to it
in Sheet2, and it failed, telling me it evaluates to an error. Formatting of
relevant cells is identical, sheet & workbook protection is (currently) off.
Any reason why it would work in one sheet and not in another?
---PR

Barb Reinhardt

data validation works in one sheet but not another

I"m not sure if the last post worked. I'm guessing you are trying to use a
list from Sheet2 on SHeet3. Take a look here and see if it helps.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt