-   -   difference in months (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/139260-difference-months.html)

Londoner

difference in months

Hi there
I have 2 dates and i want to calculate the difference in months not years

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Londoner

WLMPilot

difference in months

Try theses out. I found them in the Excel HELP.

=MONTH(A3)-MONTH(A2)
Calculates difference in months within same year.

=(YEAR(A4)-YEAR(A3))*12+MONTH(A4)-MONTH(A3)
Calculates difference in months for dates occurring in different years.

Les

"Londoner" wrote:

Hi there
I have 2 dates and i want to calculate the difference in months not years

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Londoner

Sandy Mann

difference in months

With the first date in G1 and the 2nd date in G2 try:

=DATEDIF(G2,G1,"m")

If the dates will not always be witht he earliest date in G1 then use:

=DATEDIF(MIN(G2,G1),MAX(G2,G1),"m")

--
HTH

Sandy