-   -   How to use the conditions? - Liz (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/139152-how-use-conditions-liz.html)

Liz

How to use the conditions? - Liz

I need help with this if anyone can help me with this:

A1=$1500
B1=$1500

I want to create a logic that if B1 is greater or equal to A1 then YES and
if B1 is less than A1 then NO. And if the cells A1 or B1 is blank then the
result cell should also appear blank and should not show #Value? or other
values in the conditioned cell.

What should I should to get this conditioned in one cell?

Thanks
Liz

Philip Trick

How to use the conditions? - Liz

This formula should work:

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""), "", IF(B1 = A1, "YES", "NO"))

If A1 or B1 is blank, return a blank, otherwise if B1 is greater or equal
than A1 return Yes, otherwise return No.
--
Philip Trick
Actuarial Consultant

"Liz" wrote:

I need help with this if anyone can help me with this:

A1=$1500
B1=$1500

I want to create a logic that if B1 is greater or equal to A1 then YES and
if B1 is less than A1 then NO. And if the cells A1 or B1 is blank then the
result cell should also appear blank and should not show #Value? or other
values in the conditioned cell.

What should I should to get this conditioned in one cell?

Thanks
Liz

Roger Govier

How to use the conditions? - Liz

Hi Liz

Try
=IF(A1=B1,"",IF(B1A1,"Yes","No"))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Liz" wrote in message
I need help with this if anyone can help me with this:

A1=$1500
B1=$1500

I want to create a logic that if B1 is greater or equal to A1 then YES
and
if B1 is less than A1 then NO. And if the cells A1 or B1 is blank
then the
result cell should also appear blank and should not show #Value? or
other
values in the conditioned cell.

What should I should to get this conditioned in one cell?

Thanks
Liz

JE McGimpsey

How to use the conditions? - Liz

One way:

=CHOOSE(SIGN(B1-A1)+2,"NO","","YES")

In article ,
Liz wrote:

I need help with this if anyone can help me with this:

A1=$1500
B1=$1500

I want to create a logic that if B1 is greater or equal to A1 then YES and
if B1 is less than A1 then NO. And if the cells A1 or B1 is blank then the
result cell should also appear blank and should not show #Value? or other
values in the conditioned cell.

What should I should to get this conditioned in one cell?

Liz

How to use the conditions? - Liz

It worked thanks. I've another question...........

If A1 = 2/17/2007
B1 = 2/22/2007

I've cell C1 with a formula to calculate the difference between those dates
and based on the result which appears on C1 I've a condition in cell D1 which
is if C1 is greater or equal to 0 then YES and if less than 0 then NO. But I
need one more condition that is if c1 is has no value which is when the A1
and B1 is blank I need the D1 cell to appear blank to but should have the
condition in place. PS: I've formatted the C column by unchecking the zero
values under Tools/Options/View.

Thanks
Liz

"Liz" wrote:

I need help with this if anyone can help me with this:

A1=$1500
B1=$1500

I want to create a logic that if B1 is greater or equal to A1 then YES and
if B1 is less than A1 then NO. And if the cells A1 or B1 is blank then the
result cell should also appear blank and should not show #Value? or other
values in the conditioned cell.

What should I should to get this conditioned in one cell?

Thanks
Liz

JE McGimpsey

How to use the conditions? - Liz

One way:

D1: =C1

Select column D. Choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom "YES";"NO";;

"Liz" wrote:

I need help with this if anyone can help me with this:

A1=$1500
B1=$1500

I want to create a logic that if B1 is greater or equal to A1 then YES
and
if B1 is less than A1 then NO. And if the cells A1 or B1 is blank then
the
result cell should also appear blank and should not show #Value? or other
values in the conditioned cell.

What should I should to get this conditioned in one cell?

Thanks
Liz

Roger Govier

How to use the conditions? - Liz