-   -   Date Codes (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/138319-date-codes.html)

[email protected]

Date Codes

I am trying to use the Pivot table tools to build charts.

My date format is 01-Jan-06 and I need to parse the entries as month
and year otherwise when I select the date column as an axis for my
charts all of the dates are shown. Is there a formula to convert the
date column into two new columns one for Month and one for Year to
save me from having to manually create the columns?

Thanks,

Peo Sjoblom

Date Codes

Right click a date in the pivot table and select group and show detail, then
select group and months and years. That will create 2 columns, one with
years and one with months

Peo Sjoblom

oups.com...