-   -   more than one (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/137417-more-than-one.html)

bob b

more than one

How do I open more than one istance of excel 2007 on my desktop?

If I click on another spreadsheet it just replaces the one already open and
I can't compare the two side by side.

Thanks in advance. Bob.

BoniM

more than one

They both remain open - on the View Gallery, Window section, click Arrange
all to choose how to view your multiple workbooks.

"bob b" wrote:

How do I open more than one istance of excel 2007 on my desktop?

If I click on another spreadsheet it just replaces the one already open and
I can't compare the two side by side.

Thanks in advance. Bob.

bob b

more than one

Thanks, but can they be opened in their own separate excel instances?

"bob b" wrote:

How do I open more than one istance of excel 2007 on my desktop?

If I click on another spreadsheet it just replaces the one already open
and
I can't compare the two side by side.

Thanks in advance. Bob.

BoniM

more than one

Yes, just open Excel from the start menu and THEN open the second file from
the second instance of Excel.

"bob b" wrote:

How do I open more than one istance of excel 2007 on my desktop?

If I click on another spreadsheet it just replaces the one already open
and
I can't compare the two side by side.

Thanks in advance. Bob.

bob b

more than one

Thank you so much. It was just that easy. <g