-   -   "Cannot shift objects off sheet" - what? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/136899-cannot-shift-objects-off-sheet-what.html)

Tinde

"Cannot shift objects off sheet" - what?

Hi,

I have quite a big file (several linked worksheets and charts). I have used
group function earlier and grouping has worked fine. Now when I try to open
or close group, I get message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". Usually
nothing happens, but sometimes it works.

I have ungrouped and regrouped. I have saved file as other file. No help. I
can't start from scratch.

Pls advise.

JMB

"Cannot shift objects off sheet" - what?

I usually get that message when there is data in the last row/column and I
try to insert a row/column.

Perhaps verify where your data actually ends and reset the used range.
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

"Tinde" wrote:

Hi,

I have quite a big file (several linked worksheets and charts). I have used
group function earlier and grouping has worked fine. Now when I try to open
or close group, I get message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". Usually
nothing happens, but sometimes it works.

I have ungrouped and regrouped. I have saved file as other file. No help. I
can't start from scratch.

Pls advise.

Dave Peterson

"Cannot shift objects off sheet" - what?

Maybe...

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;211769

Remember to look for comments and merged cells.

--

Dave Peterson