-   -   How do I get a column to appear along the horizontal axis of chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/134639-how-do-i-get-column-appear-along-horizontal-axis-chart.html)

aristaeus

How do I get a column to appear along the horizontal axis of chart

I have two adjacent numerical columns; when I select them to create a chart
Excel chooses to plot both columns vertically side by side. Instead of that I
want the left column to appear along the bottom of the chart and the right
column to be vertical.

This is probably very simple but it is doing my head in.

Any suggestions most appreciated.

Andrew

How do I get a column to appear along the horizontal axis of chart

Hi,

Sounds like it's a Scatter graph you want to produce - just select XY
(scatter) as your chart type and it should get the result you want. You can
then add a trend line to get linear representaion of your data.
Hope this works/helps.

Andrew.