-   -   How do I fix my excel data base? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/13438-how-do-i-fix-my-excel-data-base.html)

Millie Irene

How do I fix my excel data base?

How do I undo specific colums in an excel data base?

Gordon

Millie Irene wrote:
How do I undo specific colums in an excel data base?

How do you mean "undo"? What did you "do" in the first place?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Ken Wright

Just a tad more detail here would not go amiss :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Millie Irene" wrote in message
How do I undo specific colums in an excel data base?

Debra Dalgleish

If you select one column in a table, then click the A-A or Z-A button,
it may result in that column being sorted but not the other columns in
the table.

If you notice the problem immediately, click the Undo button, and the
column should go back to its original order.

If some time has passed, you won't be able to undo the sort. Perhaps you
have a backup copy of the file, with most of the data intact, and you
can copy from that. If not, you'll have to reenter the data in that column.

Millie Irene wrote:
How do I undo specific colums in an excel data base?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Gordon

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
If you select one column in a table, then click the A-A or Z-A button,
it may result in that column being sorted but not the other columns in
the table.

I'm amazed as to how you deduced that from :

How do I undo specific colums in an excel data base?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Ken Wright

LOL - Sat here thinking *exactly* the same thing and then saw your note :-)