-   -   SUMIF (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/13020-sumif.html)

jasperistops

SUMIF

Hi,
I have 2 columns of 26 entries, column J is tool numbers and column K is
number of uses.What i require is when i enter a tool number in cell 1a it
looks in the J column for the corresponding tool number and fills 1b with the
number of uses available?Ive managed with a single entry SUMIF(a1,j1,j2) but
how do i use the full columns as a reference

Biff

Hi!

=SUMIF(J1:J26,A1,K1:K26)

It sounds to me like you might want a lookup. If the above
formula isn't what you're after try this one:

=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,J1:K26,2,0))

Biff

I have 2 columns of 26 entries, column J is tool numbers

and column K is
number of uses.What i require is when i enter a tool

number in cell 1a it
looks in the J column for the corresponding tool number

and fills 1b with the
number of uses available?Ive managed with a single entry

SUMIF(a1,j1,j2) but
how do i use the full columns as a reference
.

jasperistops

Thanx,managed to get what i wanted using this

=VLOOKUP(B4,TABLE!$A$1:$B$26,2, FALSE)