-   -   Why did my Excel insertion point change to a cross? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/129150-why-did-my-excel-insertion-point-change-cross.html)

TrishF

Why did my Excel insertion point change to a cross?

What is the significance of an insertion point shaped like a fat cross rather
than an I-beam? How do I change it?

RagDyeR

Why did my Excel insertion point change to a cross?

Check your Status bar.

When you're in "Edit" mode, the cursor is an "I" beam.
--
HTH,

RD

"TrishF" wrote in message
What is the significance of an insertion point shaped like a fat cross

rather
than an I-beam? How do I change it?

PA

Why did my Excel insertion point change to a cross?

The significance escapes me, but I was forced to leave the comfort of Lotus
123 Release 5 and switch to Excel 97, and lo-and-behold, there was that "fat
cross".

The I beam denotes you are in a cell Editing mode.