-   -   Does anyone know..... (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/127107-does-anyone-know.html)

aly

Does anyone know.....

how many rows does excel have? please let me no if u no...thx a bunch!x x x

Roger Govier

Does anyone know.....

Hi Aly

It depends on the version
XL97 16384
XL 2000, XL2002 and XL2003 65536
XL2007 1 million

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"aly" wrote in message

how many rows does excel have? please let me no if u no...thx a
bunch!x
x x

--
aly

Sandy Mann

Does anyone know.....

XL97 16384

I think that you mean XL95 had 16384, my XL97 has 65536 rows

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"aly" wrote in message

how many rows does excel have? please let me no if u no...thx a bunch!x
x x

--
aly

[email protected]

Does anyone know.....

aly wrote:
how many rows does excel have? please let me no if u no

Since that varies from version to version, the best way to find out for
__your__ version is to use Help - Excel Help, search for "limits", and
click on Excel Specifications and Limits. (At least, that works for
Excel 2003.)

Roger Govier

Does anyone know.....

Quite right Sandy.
My memory is not as good as it used to be!!!
and I was too darned lazy to fire up my copy of XL97 to check.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"aly" wrote in message

how many rows does excel have? please let me no if u no...thx a
bunch!x
x x

--
aly

aly

Thanks! i checked and mine had 65536 rows too...i wanted to know because i am making a big spreadsheet and was wondering if it would all fit in. Many thank! Aly :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Govier

"aly" wrote in message

how many rows does excel have? please let me no if u no...thx a
bunch!x
x x

--
aly

Roger Govier

Does anyone know.....

Hi Aly

If your model is anywhere approaching 65536 rows, then before starting I
would think very hard about the design and whether you need to have such
a large table.
If you do, then you would be much better off using something like Access
to handle this volume of records.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Roger Govier Wrote:
Quite right Sandy.
My memory is not as good as it used to be!!!
and I was too darned lazy to fire up my copy of XL97 to check.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
...--
XL97 16384-

I think that you mean XL95 had 16384, my XL97 has 65536 rows

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
...-
Hi Aly

It depends on the version
XL97 16384
XL 2000, XL2002 and XL2003 65536
XL2007 1 million

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"aly" wrote in message
...-

how many rows does excel have? please let me no if u no...thx a
bunch!x
x x

--
aly-