-   -   How do I make a template to choose a new school name? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/12699-how-do-i-make-template-choose-new-school-name.html)

Diana

How do I make a template to choose a new school name?

We are consolidating 2 schools and will have a new name. There will be a
number of suggestions for names. I want to be able to analyze according to
the criteria we have to work with and be able to grade selections according
to criteria we have.

JE McGimpsey

You don't give a lot to go on, but one way would be to put the potential
names in column A and the criteria in Row 1. You could then assign
"grades" to each name for each category, with a total at the far right...

A B C D ... X
1 NAMES Crit. 1 Crit. 2 Crit. 3 TOTAL
2 name1 1 10 8 =SUM(B2:W2)
3 name2 7 9 6 =SUM(B3:W3)