-   -   Remembering Data Values. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/12423-remembering-data-values.html)

Workle

Remembering Data Values.

The spreadsheet is for simple cash book accounting. Columns a
Date / Received / Paid / Transaction Details / Balance

There must be 1 entry in either Received or Paid, but not both.
When there's an entry in Received there's no entry in Transaction
Details.
When there's an entry in Paid there must be an entry in Transaction
Details.

This gives the effect of a few lines in Transaction Details, some
lines blank, etc.

After the blank lines sometimes the spreadsheet remembers previous
entries & auto-completes as I type, sometimes it doesn't. That's my
question. Why does the spreadsheet 'remember' sometimes & 'forgets'
other times? Senility perhaps?

Biff

Hi!

That's just how it works. See Excel help on AUTOCOMPLETE
for info.

Biff

The spreadsheet is for simple cash book accounting.

Columns a
Date / Received / Paid / Transaction Details / Balance

.