-   -   how do I lock certain cells from getting edited (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/124052-how-do-i-lock-certain-cells-getting-edited.html)

sahishnu

how do I lock certain cells from getting edited

How do I lock certain cells from getting edited accidentally, while I work on
other cells in the same sheet

Mike

how do I lock certain cells from getting edited

By default all cells in a worksheet are locked but this only becomes
effective if the worksheets is prorected. So, unlock cells you want to change
by right click - format - protection and remove the check mark from locked.
Protect the sheet using Tools - Protection - protect sheet and your done.

Mike