-   -   zipcode phone # area code/prefix problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/123372-zipcode-phone-area-code-prefix-problem.html)

Sean Newman

zipcode phone # area code/prefix problem

I'm trying to build a reference tool for work, whereas col A has area codes,
col B has 3 digit prefixes (in telephone #'s), and col C has 5 digit zip
codes. What I need to do is to build a function in excel that will output ALL
the rows at meet given criteria (ie: zip code is typed into a cell on the
main sheet, need to display the area code and all matching prefixes)

CLR

zipcode phone # area code/prefix problem

Have you considered using the AutoFilter feature. It's a natural to do the
sort of thing you describe........(Data Filter Autofilter then pick the
arrow at the top of the column and select a value)

Vaya Con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3