-   -   Percent (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/122348-percent.html)

Octet32

Percent

How do I format a cell to show the percent in stead of decimal? I have C1/C2
in the total it give me the decimal 0.31 how do I make it show 3% instead?
Thanks

CLR

Percent

To reformat a cell from decimal to percent, click on the cell, then click on
the Percent sign up in the Standard Toolbar. But, .31 relates to 31%, not
3%.....if you want 3% then use this formula

=(C1/C2)/10

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Octet32" wrote:

How do I format a cell to show the percent in stead of decimal? I have C1/C2
in the total it give me the decimal 0.31 how do I make it show 3% instead?
Thanks

Gary''s Student

Percent

Format Cells... Number Percentage

But be aware the .31 will display as 31% rather than 3%

Have a pleasant day!!
--
Gary's Student

"Octet32" wrote:

How do I format a cell to show the percent in stead of decimal? I have C1/C2
in the total it give me the decimal 0.31 how do I make it show 3% instead?
Thanks

CLR

Percent

You're welcome......thanks for the feedback.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Octet32" wrote:

Thanks