-   -   .XLB files (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/121861-xlb-files.html)

Marsh

.XLB files

I backed up my file Excel10.xlb so I can restore my customizations in the
event of an update to my computer, which just occured.
I just got updated to Windows XP, but am still using Excel 2002.
Can I copy the Excel10.xlb file to the harddrive?
If yes, into which folder should it go?
Thank you.
Marsh

Dave Peterson

.XLB files

I'd do this:

Start Excel.
Make a minor change to one of the toolbars
close excel

Use windows start button|search to look for *.xlb

Use that location.

You may have to look through hidden folders for hidden files.

For me (xl2003 and winxp home), the path is:
C:\Documents and Settings\(UserNameHere)\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

--

Dave Peterson

Marsh

.XLB files