-   -   Lookin property of the FileSearch object (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/121535-lookin-property-filesearch-object.html)

[email protected]

Lookin property of the FileSearch object

Would anyone know why I can reset this property on a Windows
2000-SP4/Office 2002 platform, but not a Windows XP 2002-SP2/Office
Professional 2003 platform? It appears to perform the search based on
the Default file location specified in the options and will not change
to a local or networked drive. To make matters even worse...there are
files at the default file location that should be found in the
..foundfiles; however, the count returns zero. I have enabled and
disabled the index service for both the local and mapped network drives
with no avail. I am certain there is another way of coding this
procedure; however, a simpler fix would prevent code modifications
across the board.