-   -   zeros are being added to my numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/120109-zeros-being-added-my-numbers.html)

des

zeros are being added to my numbers

Hi when i type a number into a cell ie 6 when i leave the cell a zero is
automatically added. I dont want this zero to be added
--
des

Niek Otten

zeros are being added to my numbers

In front or at the end?

Check:

a. Tools|Options|Edit tab, uncheck Fixed Decimal
b. Format the cell as General

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"des" wrote in message ...
| Hi when i type a number into a cell ie 6 when i leave the cell a zero is
| automatically added. I dont want this zero to be added
| --
| des

des

zeros are being added to my numbers