-   -   Disable format painter in excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/11977-disable-format-painter-excel-2003-a.html)

tenchsama

Disable format painter in excel 2003

The format painter icon keeps appearing when I add or delete columns and rows
- it keeps blocking me from seeing what is in the cell and is a general
nuisance. I do not need the format painter, but I cant seem to find a way to
deactivate it, permanently if possible. Anyone have any ideas?

Gord Dibben

Actually it is probably not the Format Painter, but the Insert Options button
that is bothering you.

ToolsOptionsEdit.

Uncheck the Insert Options and for me, also the Paste Options button.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP