-   -   'Recently used file' list. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/119485-recently-used-file-list.html)

DB.

'Recently used file' list.

When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently
used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of
course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files.
Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in
this list.
Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list,
please?

TIA,
DB.

bigwheel

'Recently used file' list.

There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks
on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the
click OK. Then, basically, start again.

"DB." wrote:

When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently
used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of
course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files.
Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in
this list.
Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list,
please?

TIA,
DB.

"bigwheel" replied:
There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used
workbooks
on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files'
checkbox, the
click OK. Then, basically, start again.

Ah, yes! Thanks!
A bit of a PITA (having to start again), but soon done.
I'd rather expected that a 'right click' on the filename in that RH
panel would bring up a 'Delete' option in a drop-down, but that's not
so.

Thanks again,
DB.

Zack Barresse

'Recently used file' list.

You might be interested in Ken Puls Favourites addin...

http://www.excelguru.ca/node/64

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr