-   -   Force user to enter data in cell before moving to next cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/119240-force-user-enter-data-cell-before-moving-next-cell.html)

Fusionmags

Force user to enter data in cell before moving to next cell

I would like some help- I have designed a form were information needs to be
entered in certain cells, how can I force users into inputting this data and
not skipping cells
--
Thanks for your help

Gord Dibben

Force user to enter data in cell before moving to next cell

You can put validation on the cell so user can enter only what you allow.

But what would you like to occur if user decides to just skip that cell?

Without some VBA it is impossible to "force" a user to enter something in a call
if they choose not to.

And then you must rely on macros being enabled when user opens the workbook.

And a contingency plan in the event they disable macros.

You could just also use Condtional Formatting to color the cells that need
filling. when filled the color would disappear.

Nothing foolproof, just a reminder to users.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:11:01 -0800, Fusionmags
wrote:

I would like some help- I have designed a form were information needs to be
entered in certain cells, how can I force users into inputting this data and
not skipping cells

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Rookie 1st class

Force user to enter data in cell before moving to next cell

Louisville Slugger... Hit them first (makes their ears work better) then
explain what you want!!!
Lou

wrote:

I would like some help- I have designed a form were information needs to be
entered in certain cells, how can I force users into inputting this data and
not skipping cells

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Debra Dalgleish

Force user to enter data in cell before moving to next cell

You can use conditional formatting to colour other cells black if the
required information hasn't been entered. There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html

Or, make formulas in other cells dependent on the entry in required
cells, e.g.:

=IF(A2="","Enter a value in cell A2",B2*C2)

Fusionmags wrote:
I would like some help- I have designed a form were information needs to be
entered in certain cells, how can I force users into inputting this data and
not skipping cells

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures