-   -   verify data with macro? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/119122-verify-data-macro.html)

Elizabeth

verify data with macro?

I'm trying to set up a workbook where by I have a list of items pending. once
completed i would enter either yes or no.
i want to set up a Macro to move these items/or colour code them.

is there any way to set up a data validation/macro to do this???

Gord Dibben

verify data with macro?

Elizabeth

You could use Conditional Formatting to color the cells.

Select the cells with will get the yes or no and FormatCFCondition1Cell
Value is: "yes"
Format to a color.

AddCondition2Cell Value is" "no"
Format to a color.