-   -   Cells won't accept specific text (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/117848-cells-wont-accept-specific-text.html)

Dogtown

Cells won't accept specific text

When I attempt to type the three letters myu into a cell and press enter, the
u gets dropped leaving only the letters my. It does not happen with ayu,
byu, nyu, etc, only with this combination of letters. If I change the cell
formatting to text only, the same result occurs.

Any advice on how to work around this? Why is this happening?

Max

Cells won't accept specific text

It's AutoCorrect at work ..
Click Tools AutoCorrect Options
Type "myu" in the "Replace" box,
you'd see "my" in the "With"
Click to delete the line OK
--
Max
Singapore
"Dogtown" wrote:
When I attempt to type the three letters myu into a cell and press enter, the
u gets dropped leaving only the letters my. It does not happen with ayu,
byu, nyu, etc, only with this combination of letters. If I change the cell
formatting to text only, the same result occurs.

Any advice on how to work around this? Why is this happening?

Dogtown

Cells won't accept specific text

Max,

Thank you! Works like a charm. Darn AutoCorrect.

"Dogtown" wrote:
When I attempt to type the three letters myu into a cell and press enter, the
u gets dropped leaving only the letters my. It does not happen with ayu,
byu, nyu, etc, only with this combination of letters. If I change the cell
formatting to text only, the same result occurs.

Any advice on how to work around this? Why is this happening?

Max

Cells won't accept specific text

Glad that did it for you <g !