-   -   How do I open to a specific worksheet every time? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/11769-how-do-i-open-specific-worksheet-every-time.html)

TNT

How do I open to a specific worksheet every time?

I have a workbook with a large number of wooksheets, but I want to open to
the same one each time. I have closed the file while on this worksheet, but
it always opens to another one (about midway). I thought I used
tools/options in the past for this, but can't seem to find a way in Excel
2003 to accomplish this. Can anyone assist? Thank you.

JulieD

Hi

you can use a workbook_open macro to ensure that the same sheet is opened
every time

e.g.
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Index").Activate
Range("A1").Activate
End Sub

---
to use this code, right mouse click on any sheet tab and choose view code -
in the VBE window you should see the name of your workbook in bold on the
left (in brackets) - underneath it you should see things like Sheet1, Sheet2
etc and then ThisWorkbook - double click on ThisWorkbook and copy and paste
the code in there - changing Index to the name of the sheet you want
displayed on opening.

then press ALT & F11 to return to your workbook - close & save as normal.
When you open the workbook it should always go to the selected sheet. Note,
however, you might need to change your security settings under tools / macro
/ security to medium to enable macros to run.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"TNT" wrote in message
I have a workbook with a large number of wooksheets, but I want to open to
the same one each time. I have closed the file while on this worksheet,
but
it always opens to another one (about midway). I thought I used
tools/options in the past for this, but can't seem to find a way in Excel
2003 to accomplish this. Can anyone assist? Thank you.

Ken Wright

Other than using code as Julie has suggested, you need to SAVE whilst on a
particular worksheet and then you can close it from anywhere. The sheet you
are opening up to automatically is the sheet you were on the last time the
book was saved.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03