-   -   distributing each characters on a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/115977-distributing-each-characters-cell.html)

jjuan

distributing each characters on a cell

how can i distribute the letter in a cell to another cells?
example:

A1=HELP

then get each character

B1=H
C1=E
D1=L
E1=P

NickHK

distributing each characters on a cell

Here's one way :
B1=MID($A25,COLUMN()-1,1)
and copy across.

NickHK

"jjuan" wrote in message
how can i distribute the letter in a cell to another cells?
example:

A1=HELP

then get each character

B1=H
C1=E
D1=L
E1=P

jjuan

distributing each characters on a cell

thanks a lot!!!!

"NickHK" wrote in message
Here's one way :
B1=MID($A25,COLUMN()-1,1)
and copy across.

NickHK

"jjuan" wrote in message
how can i distribute the letter in a cell to another cells?
example:

A1=HELP

then get each character

B1=H
C1=E
D1=L
E1=P

NickHK

distributing each characters on a cell

I'm sure spotted/fixed it, but it should be :
B1=MID($A1,COLUMN()-1,1)

NickHK

"jjuan" wrote in message
thanks a lot!!!!

"NickHK" wrote in message
Here's one way :
B1=MID($A25,COLUMN()-1,1)
and copy across.

NickHK

"jjuan" wrote in message
how can i distribute the letter in a cell to another cells?
example:

A1=HELP

then get each character

B1=H
C1=E
D1=L
E1=P

gls858

jjuan wrote:
how can i distribute the letter in a cell to another cells?
example:

A1=HELP

then get each character

B1=H
C1=E
D1=L
E1=P

I see you have an answer but here's another method.
Just click Data then text to columns. Select fixed
width set your breaks and click Finish

gls858

Dave Peterson

distributing each characters on a cell