-   -   How do I place 3 lines of text (an address) in 1 cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/115822-how-do-i-place-3-lines-text-address-1-cell.html)

Mark

How do I place 3 lines of text (an address) in 1 cell?

I want to place a 3 line address in one cell. Every time I try to press
"Enter" to go to the next line... it goes to the next cell. Please help.

Bernard Liengme

How do I place 3 lines of text (an address) in 1 cell?

Before press down Enter, hold the ALT key down to insert a linefeed
character.
May need to format cell to allow word wrap.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Mark" wrote in message
I want to place a 3 line address in one cell. Every time I try to press
"Enter" to go to the next line... it goes to the next cell. Please help.

Gord Dibben

How do I place 3 lines of text (an address) in 1 cell?

Mark

Bernard has shown you how but do you really want to do this?

You can run into problems later when trying to sort by address numbers or street
names.

Also you may someday want to do a mailmerge for labels or such.

You should have each section in a separate cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP