-   -   "Freezing" cell contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/115645-freezing-cell-contents.html)

Larry E.

"Freezing" cell contents

At the end of each month, I want to "freeze" the results in various cells.
For example, if a cell using a formula results in "23" I want to change that
cell FROM a formula TO the value "23" so that it doesn't change again in the
future. (I know I could just type the result in, but I have many cells like
this.) Any functions or macros to do this??? Thanks for the help.

Larry

Gord Dibben

"Freezing" cell contents

Larry

You can copy then Paste Special(in place)ValuesOKEsc

If you want to use a macro to highlight and copy/paste special all formula cells
try this.

Sub SELECT_FORMULAS()
On Error GoTo errormessage
With Selection
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23).Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End With
Exit Sub