-   -   Results from blank linked cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/115481-results-blank-linked-cells.html)

Mr. Anolog

Results from blank linked cells

I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the
copy/paste/link cell method. How can I get a blank space (as opposed to the
zero I am presently getting), in the destination, if the source cell is
blank. I am linking a input sheet to several forms that must be sent out,
but I don't want a form that will have a number of zeros in it.

Dave Peterson

Results from blank linked cells

=if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1)

If the linked cell looks empty, show empty, else show the value.

--

Dave Peterson

Mr. Anolog

Results from blank linked cells

Mr. Peterson, Thank you very much!, I should have used this resource - BRFORE
I spent 4 hrs. reading. Again thanks.