-   -   stopping the date from changing in Excel (and Google Spreadsheets) (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/114880-stopping-date-changing-excel-google-spreadsheets.html)

Flicker686

stopping the date from changing in Excel (and Google Spreadsheets)

Wehn I enter "October 10, 2006" into my excel spreadsheet, it always changes
it to "10-10" or something like that. Where can I set my excel spreadsheet to
display the full date?

Also, does anyone have any experience with Google spreadsheets? Any good?

Carole O

stopping the date from changing in Excel (and Google Spreadsheets)

Go to Format, Cells, Number, Date and pick the date format that works for you.

Carole o