-   -   Linking a cell to worksheets and workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/114302-linking-cell-worksheets-workbooks.html)

Kim Thompson

Linking a cell to worksheets and workbooks

How would I reference a cell in a master document to other spreadsheets and
workbooks? I am looking to have a similar date that when is updated in the
master document will also appear on all spreadsheets? Not sure if linking is
the correct approach?

Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Linking a cell to worksheets and workbooks

Hi Kim

Manual you can do this
='C:\Data\[yourfile.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1

Try this macro if you have a lot of workbooks
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Kim Thompson" <Kim wrote in message ...
How would I reference a cell in a master document to other spreadsheets and
workbooks? I am looking to have a similar date that when is updated in the
master document will also appear on all spreadsheets? Not sure if linking is
the correct approach?

Thanks

Kim Thompson

Linking a cell to worksheets and workbooks

Thank you Ron. This should help.