-   -   In excel 2003, the negative numbers not appearing with brackets (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/113349-excel-2003-negative-numbers-not-appearing-brackets.html)

Anwar

In excel 2003, the negative numbers not appearing with brackets

In my PC's excel 2003, the negative numbers are not appearing with brackets,
where as its appearing in other PCs. I think something has been disturbed,
how to fix?

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

In excel 2003, the negative numbers not appearing with brackets

Check your cell formatting.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anwar" wrote in message
In my PC's excel 2003, the negative numbers are not appearing with
brackets,
where as its appearing in other PCs. I think something has been disturbed,
how to fix?

Dave Peterson

In excel 2003, the negative numbers not appearing with brackets

If you just want that format (with the ()'s) to show up in the samples in
format|Cells|Number tab...

Excel picks this up from a windows setting:

Windows start button|control panel
regional and language options
regional options tab
click the customize button
currency tab
change the negative currency format to show ()'s.