-   -   Bolding the subtotal lines automaticlly When using the Subtotal fu (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/113025-bolding-subtotal-lines-automaticlly-when-using-subtotal-fu.html)

06Speed6

Bolding the subtotal lines automaticlly When using the Subtotal fu

I know how to use the subtotal function, but only the colum which I am
sorting by is bold. How do I get the whole total line to be bold so I can
easiely tell what I am looking at?

Dave Peterson

Bolding the subtotal lines automaticlly When using the Subtotal fu

After you apply the subtotals, use the outlining symbols to the left to hide the
details--just show what you want bolded.

Then select that range to bold
Edit|Goto|special|visible cells only
and format those visible cells the way you want.

--

Dave Peterson

06Speed6

Bolding the subtotal lines automaticlly When using the Subtota

Dave,

Thanks for your help it works just as I wanted it to.