-   -   organizing data on the fly to access certain infomation (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/112840-organizing-data-fly-access-certain-infomation.html)

10john01

organizing data on the fly to access certain infomation

I have different fields in my columns i.e. name, date, time. I need to find
like names and place them together, or, like dates and place them together
while keeping my rows intact. I need to be able to organize this information
when ever I want and however I choose according to the different fields with
out compromising the integraty of the rows.

CLR

organizing data on the fly to access certain infomation

Take a look at Data Filter AutoFilter...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"10john01" wrote:

I have different fields in my columns i.e. name, date, time. I need to find
like names and place them together, or, like dates and place them together
while keeping my rows intact. I need to be able to organize this information
when ever I want and however I choose according to the different fields with
out compromising the integraty of the rows.

Roger Govier

organizing data on the fly to access certain infomation

Hi John

You could mark your entire block of data, and sort by name, date or
time.
Providing you mark the complete range, the integrity of each row will be
maintained.

There is also some very nice code written by Dave Peterson, which
creates shapes to encompass the data, and just clicking on the column
header will automatically sort the data correctly by that column,
clicking it again sorts in the opposite direction.

The code and a download of an example file can be found on Debra
Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/xlSort02.html

--
Regards