-   -   MS Excel formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/111278-ms-excel-formula.html)

Sorin Danila

MS Excel formula

How can I fill color in one cell related to another cell values. For example:
If 10A10, A2 to be filled with yelow. If A1<0, A2 to be filled with red. I
want to use this in a maintenance worksheet.

Jack Sheet

MS Excel formula

Select cell A2
From the menu bar, select Conditional Formatting
Change the top left box from "Cell value is" to "Formula is".
To the right of "Formula is" enter (without the quotes) "=A1<0"
Click on "Format..." button
Select Patterns tab
Choose Colour
OK

"Sorin Danila" <Sorin wrote in message
How can I fill color in one cell related to another cell values. For
example:
If 10A10, A2 to be filled with yelow. If A1<0, A2 to be filled with red.
want to use this in a maintenance worksheet.

George Gee

MS Excel formula

Select cell A2, click on 'Format' on the top toolbar.
Click 'Conditional Formatting'

Condition 1
On the first drop-down box select 'Formula Is'
In the next box enter =A1<0
Click the 'Format' button, on the 'Patterns' tab select red colour.
Click OK.

Click the 'Add' button

Condition 2
On the first drop-down box select 'Formula Is'
In the next box enter =A10
Click the 'Format' button, on the 'Patterns' tab select yellow colour.
OK out.

Enter a value in cell A1.

Hop this helps.

George Gee