-   -   Can someone without Excel open a worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/111180-can-someone-without-excel-open-worksheet.html)

Jest4Fun98

Can someone without Excel open a worksheet?

I was sent an Excel worksheet, and told there is a way to open this file
without having Excel installed on my machine. This worksheet contains
calculation formulas, so I'm wondering if a) I can get the file open somehow
without buying Excel and b) if there is a way to open the file, will I be
able to use the formulas and update the worksheet?

Trevor Shuttleworth

Can someone without Excel open a worksheet?

You can download a free Excel Viewer from the Microsoft Downloads site.
This will allow you to look at the spreadsheet but you won't be able to
update it.

Regards

Trevor