-   -   Shared Workbook & permissions (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/110873-shared-workbook-permissions.html)

jk

Shared Workbook & permissions

I have a shared workbook on a shared drive in the network in which two
departments use.One department only needs to view transactions while the
other requires to enter transactions. Is it possable to set up the the
workbook in this manner tohave better control or is this better done through
the network group which can grant permissions on the folder which the
workbook resides?

Thanks

JLatham

Shared Workbook & permissions

I would use the Group Policies within the domain to control the level of
access to the file. If nothing else it will prevent inter-departmental
bickering if something changes in the document.