-   -   right click option "pick from a list" (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/11051-right-click-option-%22pick-list%22.html)

Landerson

right click option "pick from a list"

i'm wanting to know can the information from the "pick from a drop down list"
list be exported some how? I've been handed a load of spread sheets and been
told to create a database with the information. not that good with either
excel or access as you may guess. So i;m trying to build a table and a form
in access and it would save me loads of time if i could or if anyone can
point me in right direction of the best practice or just point out if i;m
going about things the wrong way.. All help would be very much appreciated.

Gord Dibben

The items in the right-click "pick from list" are only those text(not
numerics) items entered in contiguous cells in that column.

The list is not stored anywhere but in that column and if changes are made to
data in that column, a new list is formed to pick from.

Sounds like a daunting job in view of the fact you're not that good with
either Excel or Access.

The general pratice is to Open Access and create a DB shell there, importing
the data from Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:55:03 -0800, Landerson
wrote:

i'm wanting to know can the information from the "pick from a drop down list"
list be exported some how? I've been handed a load of spread sheets and been
told to create a database with the information. not that good with either
excel or access as you may guess. So i;m trying to build a table and a form
in access and it would save me loads of time if i could or if anyone can
point me in right direction of the best practice or just point out if i;m
going about things the wrong way.. All help would be very much appreciated.

Debra Dalgleish

You can use an Advanced Filter to export a unique list of items. There
are instructions in Excel's Help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List