-   -   count (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/109929-count.html)

Lacey

count

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me - i have a list of employees (col A) who
have been awarded $ amounts (col B). I need to count the number of times
they have received an award... really would appreciate any help... thanks

00020084 1,500.00
00020084 1,000.00
00020084 500
00018539 1,000.00
00018539 1,500.00
00028267 1,000.00

Bob Phillips

count

=COUNTIF(A:A,"00020084")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lacey" wrote in message
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me - i have a list of employees (col A)

who
have been awarded $ amounts (col B). I need to count the number of times
they have received an award... really would appreciate any help... thanks

00020084 1,500.00
00020084 1,000.00
00020084 500
00018539 1,000.00
00018539 1,500.00
00028267 1,000.00

Lacey

count

Hi Bob - thanks - this worked for the one row and idenifying the one person
- but I need to drag this formulae down looking at over 100 cells - any
ideas?
thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"00020084")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lacey" wrote in message
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me - i have a list of employees (col A)

who
have been awarded $ amounts (col B). I need to count the number of times
they have received an award... really would appreciate any help... thanks

00020084 1,500.00
00020084 1,000.00
00020084 500
00018539 1,000.00
00018539 1,500.00
00028267 1,000.00

Bob Phillips

count

You could refer to the cell

COUNTIF(A:A,A1)

but many numbers will repeat.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lacey" wrote in message
Hi Bob - thanks - this worked for the one row and idenifying the one

person
- but I need to drag this formulae down looking at over 100 cells - any
ideas?
thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"00020084")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lacey" wrote in message
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me - i have a list of employees (col

A)
who
have been awarded $ amounts (col B). I need to count the number of

times
they have received an award... really would appreciate any help...

thanks

00020084 1,500.00
00020084 1,000.00
00020084 500
00018539 1,000.00
00018539 1,500.00
00028267 1,000.00

Lacey

count

Hi Bob - perfect - thanks heaps for your help !

"Lacey" wrote in message
Hi Bob - thanks - this worked for the one row and idenifying the one

person
- but I need to drag this formulae down looking at over 100 cells - any
ideas?
thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"00020084")