-   -   Would like to display 1-30 in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/109300-would-like-display-1-30-cell.html)

Hank

Would like to display 1-30 in cell

Typing in the term 1-30 in a cell always returns the date Jan-30. I
understand date formatting but I would like to display the term 1-30. The
next cell is 31-60 and displays properly. How do I do this. Thankyou.

Don Guillett

Would like to display 1-30 in cell

pre-format as text or use ' before

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Hank" wrote in message
Typing in the term 1-30 in a cell always returns the date Jan-30. I
understand date formatting but I would like to display the term 1-30. The
next cell is 31-60 and displays properly. How do I do this. Thankyou.

Gord Dibben

Would like to display 1-30 in cell

Type an apostrophe first then the 1-30

Or pre-format the cells to Text.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:30:01 -0700, Hank wrote:

Typing in the term 1-30 in a cell always returns the date Jan-30. I
understand date formatting but I would like to display the term 1-30. The
next cell is 31-60 and displays properly. How do I do this. Thankyou.

Hank

Would like to display 1-30 in cell

Thank you for the help. The answer was so simple that I couldn't see it. Not
even after 2 days of looking. Thank you, again.