-   -   using checkmark symbol shows only # not check mark Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/109051-using-checkmark-symbol-shows-only-not-check-mark-excel-2003-a.html)

Michael Abraham

using checkmark symbol shows only # not check mark Excel 2003

I am using the Dingbat font. All stars and other symbols are OK, however,
when I use the checkmark, or X symbol it only inserts the a number and not
the symbol. Thanks.

SteveW

using checkmark symbol shows only # not check mark Excel 2003

check the obvious - is the column wide enough ?
otherwise what have you actually got in the cell ?

Steve