-   -   how do I input text into excel worksheet cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/108334-how-do-i-input-text-into-excel-worksheet-cell.html)

KVJ

how do I input text into excel worksheet cell?

All I want to do is type text into an excel worksheet cell. How do I do this
so that ithe line of text stays within the cell and does not continue into
the columns to the right? It can't be that complicated!

Ron Coderre

how do I input text into excel worksheet cell?

Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<format<cells<alignment tab
Check: Wrap text

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"KVJ" wrote:

All I want to do is type text into an excel worksheet cell. How do I do this
so that ithe line of text stays within the cell and does not continue into
the columns to the right? It can't be that complicated!

Gord Dibben

how do I input text into excel worksheet cell?

FormatCellAlignmentHorizontalFill

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP