-   -   Need help with max and if formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/108313-need-help-max-if-formula.html)

jeremiahw23

Need help with max and if formula

I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the salesperson who
sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the €œIF€ and "MAX"
functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions function
multiple times in the same formula to do this.

Biff

Need help with max and if formula

Hint: you do not need to "use these functions function multiple times in the
same formula to do this."

Hint: use a combination of INDEX, MATCH and MAX.

Biff

"jeremiahw23" wrote in message
I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the salesperson who
sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the "IF" and "MAX"
functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions function
multiple times in the same formula to do this.

Dave Peterson

Need help with max and if formula

Say you have the names in A1:A100. And the quantity of cars sold in B1:B100.

You could use a formula like:

=index(a1:a100,match(max(b1:b100),b1:b100,0))

to get the first person with the maximum number.

If you could have ties, I think I'd just use Data|Filter|Autofilter on column B
to show the highest number.

--

Dave Peterson

Biff

Need help with max and if formula

Hint: use a combination of INDEX, MATCH and MAX.

Or read Dave's reply!

Biff

jeremiahw23 wrote:

I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the salesperson
who
sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the ?oIF? and
"MAX"
functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions function
multiple times in the same formula to do this.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Need help with max and if formula

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every so often!

jeremiahw23 wrote:

I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the salesperson
who
sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the ?oIF? and
"MAX"
functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions function
multiple times in the same formula to do this.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Bob Phillips

Need help with max and if formula

wrong group - alt.philosophy.confucianism

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

jeremiahw23 wrote:

I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the

salesperson
who
sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the ?oIF?

and
"MAX"
functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions

function
multiple times in the same formula to do this.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Need help with max and if formula

Ahhh. I multiposted to that group! <gd&r

jeremiahw23 wrote:

I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the

salesperson
who
sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the ?oIF?

and
"MAX"
functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions

function
multiple times in the same formula to do this.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish

Need help with max and if formula

And I think Bob meant to type - alt.philosophy.confusionism

jeremiahw23 wrote:

I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the

salesperson

who
sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the ?oIF?

and

"MAX"
functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions

function

multiple times in the same formula to do this.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dave Peterson

Need help with max and if formula

Ahem.

Please keep these types of posts he Alt.Philosophy.Candianism