-   -   time from minutes to decimals (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/107150-time-minutes-decimals.html)

Martin

time from minutes to decimals

I want change the time in my worksheet.
I need change 3:30 to 3.5 decimals numbers

Bob Phillips

time from minutes to decimals

=A1*24

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Martin" wrote in message
I want change the time in my worksheet.
I need change 3:30 to 3.5 decimals numbers

JE McGimpsey

time from minutes to decimals

XL times are representable by fractional days, so multiply the time by
the number of minutes in a day:

A1: 0:03:30
A2: =A1*24*60 === 3.5

when formatted as General or Number. A bit more efficiently:

A2: =A1*1440

In article ,
Martin wrote:

I want change the time in my worksheet.
I need change 3:30 to 3.5 decimals numbers

SteveW

time from minutes to decimals

That's in minutes isn't it ?

But your answer came back in hours ??