-   -   Edate problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/107099-edate-problems.html)

Jodi

Edate problems

I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is 03/12/06
in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know how
to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function and
then tried edate function. Please help

Bob Phillips

Edate problems

By what criteria should 6 months on from 12 Mar 2006 be 21 Sep 2006?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jodi" wrote in message
I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is

03/12/06
in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know

how
to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function

and
then tried edate function. Please help

JE McGimpsey

Edate problems

One way:

=DATE(YEAR(C4),MONTH(C4)+6,DAY(C4))

In article ,
Jodi wrote:

I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is 03/12/06
in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know how
to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function and
then tried edate function. Please help

paul

Edate problems

playing devils advoate here....what say the start date is after 21 of the
month?
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=DATE(YEAR(C4),MONTH(C4)+6,DAY(C4))

In article ,
Jodi wrote:

I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is 03/12/06
in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know how
to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function and
then tried edate function. Please help

Rookie 1st class

Edate problems

Do you want to add 180 days rather than 6 months?
=DATE(YEAR(C4),MONTH(C4),DAY(C4)+180).
Excel is like a child; it does EXACTLY what you tell it and nothing more.
Your challenge is figuring out what to tell it to do.
HTH Lou

"paul" wrote:

playing devils advoate here....what say the start date is after 21 of the
month?
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!