-   -   ='DataEntry '!K29 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/104160-%3Ddataentry-k29.html)

HFC-SC

='DataEntry '!K29

I am trying to copy a cell on Sheet 2 onto Sheet 1 and all I get is the
formula not the text. Help please?

Chris

='DataEntry '!K29

Try this:

Copy the cell and then go to sheet 1 and do Edit = Paste Special =
select "values" and then click "OK".

HFC-SC wrote:
I am trying to copy a cell on Sheet 2 onto Sheet 1 and all I get is the
formula not the text. Help please?

HFC-SC

='DataEntry '!K29

Chris.. many thanks this works.

HFC-SC wrote:
I am trying to copy a cell on Sheet 2 onto Sheet 1 and all I get is the
formula not the text. Help please?

Gord Dibben

='DataEntry '!K29

Perhaps the Sheet1 cell is formatted as text?

Re-format to General and re-enter the formula by F2 then Enter.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP